There is a wide range of family activities available in Switzerland. These include winter fun with sledging or trails with puzzles for the whole family. Families in particular seek variety in shared experiences.
How about a walk with llamas and alpacas or a snowshoe hike through the evening forest followed by a swim in the wooden tub under the open sky?
What family activities are there?
Family activities are activities experienced together, which strengthen the cohesion in the family and are fun for all involved. If all participants remember them for a long time, you have done everything right. Examples of such activities are:
- A ride with a dog sled
- Llama and alpaca trekking
- Walk with Yaks
- Walk with the seven flagellates
- Sledding with the family
- Building an igloo yourself
- Fly over the valley on rope slides
- Fly like an eagle down to the valley with the First Glider
- Visit a rope park
- Short hikes with puzzle stations
- Visit interactive museums
- Summer tobogganing or bobsleighing
- Together with snowshoes through the forest and then bathing in the tub
Where can I find family activities?
- For example, a trip on a dog sled in Cerniat and Saignelégier
- You can find a list of all providers for llama and alpaca trekking in Switzerland on our page llama and alpaca trekking.
- You can enjoy the walk with yaks in Andermatt or in Crans-Montana
- With the seven little goats, walks in Curaglia, Chur, Ringgenberg, Buckten or in Toggenburg
- Sledding with the family is possible almost everywhere in Switzerland. You can find a compilation of particularly child-friendly toboggan runs on the Famigros Migros page.
- You and your family can build your own igloo in Davos Platz, Zermatt or Engelberg.
- Flying over the valley on cable slides is possible in Grindelwald First or Trübsee, among others.
- Rope parks can be found on our page Rope parks.
- With the First Glider you can fly like an eagle into the valley in Grindelwald First.
- For short hikes with puzzle stations, the Smugglers & Mule Trail around the Trübsee on the Titlis is an example. Next to the lake there is also the adventure park with trampolines and huge air cushions as well as a huge playground.
- Interesting interactive museums for families can be found on our Museums page.
- Summer toboggan runs can be found in Dallenwil, at Pilatus/Kriens and a summer bobsleigh in Kronberg.
- Together with snowshoes through the forest and then bathing in the tub is an offer of the Wasserwelten in Göschenen. Without a tub, but with cheese fondue, snowshoe hiking is possible for example in Habkern
- Children under the age of six travel free of charge in Switzerland and many culinary offers such as brunch after the hike are still free or especially cheap for the youngest.
- Club members of Hello Family receive discounts for selected activities.
- The interactive online city guide Zürich unbezahlbar shows free family activities in Zürich. These include city tours, open-air theater and swimming pools.
- The children’s cultural calendarKiKuKa shows current events for children in and around Zürich.
- 19 free experiences in Bern shows the side of Bern. These include riding courses and the Circus School of Berne.
- Kinderthur is a site of Winterthur for family activities.
- The Sportkids page has a list of mostly free activities in Lucerne.
- On this family blog you will find many more suggestions and tips for family trips